Together with research institutions, the Sustainability Research Initiative invites experts to exchange ideas on priorities for sustainability research. The Sustainability Science Dialogue event series serves to substantiate research needs and encourage collaborative projects, based on the themes suggested by the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences.
The UN Agenda 2030 includes 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Switzerland is not on track to meet those goals. How can science best contribute to accelerating this process? The Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences identified which outline the most pressing research needs.
This event series aims to identify in which thematic areas research institutions could make a contribution, where research gaps exist and which collaborations could be promising.
First planned events
- September 28, 2021: Université de Neuchâtel
- October 26, 2021: Swisspeace
- November 18, 2021: Université de Fribourg
- February 3, 2022: Universität Basel
- February 14, 2022: Haute école spécialisée de la Suisse Occidentale (HES-SO)
- Spring 2022: Pädagogische Hochschulen Bern and Luzern
- Spring 2022: Berner Fachhochschule
- Spring 2022: Fachhochschule Graubünden
- May 2022: Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften ZHAW
- September 2022: Universität Zürich
The exact content and format of each event is adapted to the specific priorities and interests of individual institutions.
More detailed information on the individual events will follow and be added to this website.
Sustainability Science Dialogue - Sustainable mitigation and adaptation to climate change
In collaboration with the University of Neuchâtel: What contribution can science and researchers make towards a more sustainable society? This event will bring together more than 25 professors and research leaders of the University of Neuchâtel to discuss this question within the context of climate change and mitigation.